Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Flying Bathrobe Syndrome

"I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton


I don't know how to politely say this but, I saw some weird shit.  Have you ever seen a man in a bathrobe fly through the air?  I did last night at 1:30 am eastern time.

There was an interesting mixture last night, Poker, Booze, Women, Brothers, and a man in a bathrobe flying off of a porch.  After coming in second in a poker tournament we talked the winner into taking us out to the local boozer.  Then all hell broke loose.

It's amazing how unemployment and a lack of things to do cause people to create problems and do things they would not normally do.  For instance two unemployed brothers decided to interfere with one of there friends girlfriend of whom there relationship ended.

Now who in their right mind from a male perspective would decide to console a girl whom was just let go.  Granted this girl was attractive, but as most say "bat shit crazy."  Especially if these two brothers are excellent friends with the ex boyfriend and live with him?

Now we all know that this effort should not be reckoned with in fact you must have too much time on your hands to even think about this odd approach.  From my perspective, I just don't have the time nor interest in getting involved with a dissolving relationship that I have never had an interest in.

The end result was one of the brothers being thrown off of a balcony in his bathrobe which I was 5 feet from last night.

Now how does this relate to markets.  I'm not sure.  Maybe the lesson is when things are boring don't look to hard for something to trade let the idiots make the first moves.  Or perhaps don't let the prospects of excitement cause a gamblers ruin.  Maybe don't get involved in something you don't understand and if decide to take the plunge stay in the shallow end of the pool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment