Sunday, November 14, 2010

Objectivism

To deal with men by force is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion.

-Ayn Rand




So what in the world went on last week?  I thought the Fed announced they were purchasing 7-10yr Treasuries last week?  Why did the yields go up on those issues?



Higher rates are coming whether the fed likes it or not.  Higher rate bias determined by green lines (broke above and held).  Also above support determined by prior month.  I wish I held onto my treasury short, I would of been up 20% in 1 month. 


Ah, patience.  Mr. Miyagi taught Daniel-san about patience in The Karate Kid.  We all want to see instant results in trading.  We buy stocks, we expect them to immediately move up.  We sell stocks, and we sit on the sidelines expecting the market to tank and prove us to be wise.  Rarely does the market provide such instant gratification.  In fact, I think the market teases us and lets doubt creep in, driving us to second guess our decisions and make emotional decisions.  Wax on, wax off, Mr. Miyagi.





No comments:

Post a Comment